The FTI GROUP is the third largest tour operator in Europe. Headquartered in Munich, Germany, the group employs more than 12,000 people worldwide. Founded by FTI Group in September 2015, Meeting Point Hotels is an international hospitality company with a portfolio of five brands comprising more than 50 properties in 9 countries. The company’s portfolio includes LABRANDA Hotels & Resorts, Design Plus Hotels, Kairaba Hotels & Resorts, Lemon & Soul and “by MP Hotels”. Located in sunny destinations, by the beach or in close proximity to the beach, Meeting Point Hotels is dedicated to serve guests hospitality with a smile and deliver authentic experiences with a local flair.
Our six Hotels in Greece are located in Corfu, Kos and Rhodes islands and our Head Offices are in Athens. We are currently hiring for the upcoming season for Labranda Marine Aquapark, our hotel in Kos.
Front Office Manager
This position is responsible for creating and executing room’s department strategies that will drive the hotel to exceed guest satisfaction, cleanliness standards and revenues. The FOM works collaboratively with all members of the room departments to continually enhance and advance the hotel.
About the Role
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the rooms staff, supervisors and management are properly trained to standards and able to carry out the operations of each function of their department
- Promote positive guest relations at all times
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment and take corrective action
- Verify status on room reports, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize and update status of departing guest rooms
- Maintain complete knowledge of all guest services department policies/service procedures
- Maintain complete knowledge of: all hotel features and services, all room types, rates, special package and promotions, daily arrivals / departures / room availability, scheduled in-house group activities, VIPs scheduled, in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements
- Complete daily walk-through of all operations department areas observing the following and instruct designated personnel to rectify any organization deficiencies
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Professional appearance and excellent social skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule according to business needs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Diploma with a qualification in a relevant area
- 6-8 years of experience in a relevant industry, including at least 2 years in positions of progressively increasing responsibilities
- Fluent knowledge of the English language
- Budget and Cost Control Knowledge
- IT and Computer Literacy
- Management Skills
- Performance Management
- Numerical Skills
- Knowledge of SiHOT
- Previous experience in the hotel/hospitality industry
Core competencies as per FTI Group Behaviours
- Professional ethics
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Eye for detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Time management
- Working under pressure
- Problem solving/Critical Thinking
Position Physical Requirements:
- There are special no physical requirements
Special working conditions
- On site
Span of control
- The position reports to the Operations Manager
- The position cooperates with managers of the Hotel
Scope of employment
- Full time
- Open ended contract
If you think you have what it takes, please send us your resume along with a photo at [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This Job Profile sets out current responsibilities of the jobholder that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the position or the level of responsibility entailed.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather concerning our prospective employees. We retain the relevant information you provide us with for up to one (1) year and you have the right to request the erasure of such information, as long as the relevant legal requirements are met. For further details regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as your respective rights and way of their exercise, please visit our relevant Personal Data Protection Policy.